100 Things to Do in Broward County Before You Die (#40-21)
29. Go night-fishing.
28. Play on an adult kickball team.
Photo by Falyn Freyman
The World Adult Kickball Association is all about the "best parties, best games, and best friends."
27. Check out the "World's Fastest Sport" at Dania Jai Alai.
Just like handball but played with a cesta and a ball that goes so fast, it could kill you.
26. Bike around the finger islands off Las Olas Boulevard.
Back in the 1920s, developers borrowed from Venice the technique of dredging parallel canals with long peninsulas and a central road. That's why Fort Lauderdale is called "The Venice of America."
25. Make friends with retired NFL stars or Jamaican reggae stars.
They all live here!
24. Get your concealed weapons permit.
Everybody has one!
23. Take in the view at the top of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six.
The rotating rooftop lounge is usually reserved for special events; but sweet-talk someone at the front desk to be let up.
22. Explore the arts!
Get familiar with the Young at Art Museum, the Museum of Art|Fort Lauderdale, the Girls' Club gallery, and/or the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood. Tour the galleries in FAT Village, Fort Lauderdale's warehouse district, on the last Saturday of each month, and volunteer for the Puppet Network's fantastic annual Day of the Dead parade.
21. Hitchhike -- by Jet Ski.