Obama to Romney: "If you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth."
And it was here where the guy Democrats were waiting for to show up on Wednesday night finally... showed up.
And he let the zingers fly.
Say what you will, but the rumors of Barack's demise after one debate were slightly exaggerated.
- "When I got on stage, I met this very spirited fellow who called himself Mitt Romney. But it couldn't have been Mitt Romney, because the real Mitt Romney has been running around the country promising $5 trillion tax cuts that favor the wealthy. The fellow on stage last night said he didn't know anything about that."
HA. HA. HA. It's funny because it's twelve hours too late in front of a few thousand people as opposed to millions of TV viewers.
- "Don't boo. Vote."
- "The Mitt Romney we all know invested in companies that were pioneers to outsourcing jobs to other countries... but the fellow on stage said he didn't know such laws exist. He's never heard of them! ... The man on stage last night does not want to be held accountable for what the real Mitt Romney's been selling for a year. If you want to be President, you owe the American people the truth."
A lady then yelled out "We want you!" PIPE DOWN, LADY. THIS AIN'T NO JUSTIN BIEBER SHOW.
- "Here's the truth: Governor Romney can't pay for his $5 trillion tax plan without blowing up the deficit or sticking it to the middle class. That's the math."
Seriously, where was this guy, Velvet Thunder?? These wonderful rebuttals mixed with amusing zingers woulda been hella amazeballs during, you know, THE ACTUAL DEBATE.
- "We have success when the middle class gets better. We don't grow the economy from top down, but the middle out!"
Four more years! Four more years! Four more years! Squirrel!
- "What I talked about last night was a new economic patriotism."
Okay, okay. We'll stop. We're fine. We're over it.
Velvet Thunder Barack was sleepy Wednesday night. But by Thursday morning, he was back to being his old fighting self and Mittbot's mountain of lies was exposed. On to the breach and all that good stuff.
So Democrats can all unclench their buttholes now.