Top Five BSO Swag Bag Finds (Including Al Lamberti Sponge)
|Yes, there's a Lamberti sponge.|
Never give a New Times reporter swag. Ethically, she is required to make fun of it. Hence, a list of the Top Five Best BSO Swag:
5. Sticky notes. Fluorescent-colored, contained in a book with the BSO logo stamped on the front.
4. Key chain. Nothing too exciting here, just a green star resembling a sheriff's badge. However, it does have the sheriff's office phone number on it, just in case.
3. Hand sanitizer. A convenient purse-sized spray bottle, also sporting the BSO logo. Fun to whip out at parties and demonstrate how easy it is to carry a Sheriff Al Lamberti memento in your pocket.
2. Sheriff Al Lamberti sponge. This appears to be a white piece of cardboard with Lamberti's name on it. But it contains instructions: "Dip in water -- see what happens." Voilà.The cardboard becomes a sponge, and Lamberti's name gets bigger.
1. Bounce house. This was not technically included in the swag bag, but BSO Sgt. Rudolph Nesbitt said the sheriff's office has a bounce house, which it provides free for community events. It's a crime prevention tool, Nesbitt explained. "We're not in the party business. With kids... you have to have something that's gonna grab their attention."