Chicken Wings From Publix Maim Broward Man, Lawsuit Claims
Here's what supposedly happened: Shortly after lunching on a chicken wing, Bookholt "felt as if he was choking."
So Bookholt went to Northwest Medical Center. He had emergency surgery.
Turns out, Bookholt's lunch didn't agree with his stomach. A wing "contained a foreign object, to wit: a 25 mm piece of wire," the filing says.
Bookholt, who's demanding a jury trial, says the Lakeland-based chain's screwed up, causing him "past, present, and future disability, discomfort, disfigurement, inability to lead a normal life, shame, humiliation and scarring."
Bookholt and his lawyer say that Publix has a duty to "ensure that the food is served free of harmful substances."
Unlike bones or overly crunchy breading, a piece of wire is not a "reasonably expected" hazard when eating chicken wings, meaning Publix is at fault for Bookholt's ails, the lawyer says.
So much for breasts being men's undoing...
Follow The Pulp on Facebook and on Twitter: @ThePulpBPB.