|Congratulations to Justin Milone, one of the six finalists.|
The six finalists for the WLRN Miami Herald Radio LeBron James poetry contest will be announced today in the sports section of the Miami Herald
But before any finalists were chosen, the contest's coordinators had to sift through more than 1,000 entries. To keep things interesting (and themselves entertained), they started tweeting parts of the poems from a twitter account called @ladypythons.
As predicted, the Cleveland submissions were hate poems. One such submission compared LeBron James to Scottie Pippen, implying that he's Dwyane Wade's sidekick yet failing to really burn him, since Pippen was named one of the NBA's Top 50 Greatest Players in NBA History.
The Miami fans' poems were not nearly as fun.
After the jump, the top five lines from the poems that were tweeted yesterday:
1. "LeBron James the greatest player of all/Smart and multitalented with Spalding balls."
2. "C'mon LeBron, what were you thinking? Your anticipated decision drove us to drinkin'" - Joey from Louisiana
3. "Coming to Miami, man you were tripping/How does it feel to be Scottie Pippen?"
4. LeBron James deserves his fame/He wins his games when he shoots and aims" #otherwayaround
5. "HE TRADED THE SLEET AND SNOW FOR THE HEAT AND NOBODY IN CLEVELAND WANTS TO HEAR HIM TWEET."