GWAR Frontman Dave Brockie, the Great Oderus Urungus, Found Dead
We just read the very sad news today that the great Oderus Urungus has left this scummy planet for good. Dave Brockie was found dead in his Richmond, VA home, according to TMZ.
Photo by Ian Witlen
This is truly tragic news. GWAR also recently lost Flattus Maximus, a.k.a. Cory Smoot, in 2011.
No one, and we mean no one, could put on a blood-drenched, Super Cyborg Jesus-slaying performance, nor give an intelligent interview, totally in absurd character, quite like Brockie. He was 50-years-old and apparently found by his band mate sitting upright in a chair. They don't believe it was a suicide, nor does it seem were drugs involved.
Below are some of our best Oderus Urungus interviews and articles. Brockie will genuinely be missed.
- GWAR's Oderus Urungus Calls President Obama "a Murderous, Bloodsucking Vampire"
- Happy 44 Billionth Birthday to GWAR's Oderus Urungus!
- GWAR's Oderus Urungus: "Rob Zombie Is a Tired, G-Rated, Mishmash of Other People's Styles"
- GWAR Auctions Oderus Urungus Mask to Raise Money for Victims of Boston Marathon Bombings
- GWAR Killed Romney, Obama, Hitler and Two Jesuses at Revolution Live on October 20 (VIDEO)
- PHOTOS: GWAR at Revolution Live