Top 20 Thursdays: Top 20 Classic Hardcore Punk Songs
|Old man wearing Descendents "Everything Sucks" t shirt.|
This list of the Top 20 classic hardcore punk songs is fuckin awesome cause it's full of good shit, but it's terrible because there are way more than 20 top songs and so the list probably sucks as a list. Anyway, it's fucking awesome.
20. Murphy's Law - Sit Home and Rot leaving the house. Something everybody can relate to. Murphy's Law have been around a long fucking time, and they still are. Last we heard, a former Miami kid named Felipe is in the band. They play Churchill's every couple years.
19. Side By Side - Side By Side
"I see people all around me, all with visions of unity, but what I have yet to see, is vision turn to reality."
The fifth release by Revelation Records, was the Side By Side - You're Only young Once 7" in 1988. The label reissued the album as a digitally remastered cd including demo and live cuts.
18. Agent Orange - Bloodstains
"Bloodstains, speed kills, fast cars, cheap thrills, French girls, fine wine, I've lost my sense, I've lost control, I've lost my mind."
Agent Orange are still in the game and still touring and show a lot of love to South Florida.
17. Circle Jerks - Wild In The Streets
" 64' Valiant, handful of valiums, couple of beers really do me right, you better believe us, better trust us, teenage jive, walking wreck."
Circle Jerks are fronted by Keith Morris, who was once a singer for Black Flag. This is one of their best songs ever.
16. Dead Kennedy's - Nazi Punks Fuck Off
"You still think swastikas look cool. The real Nazis run your schools. They're coaches, businessmen and cops. In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go."
Dead Kennedy's shows used to end in police riots where they'd beat 15 year old kids in the head with billy clubs for the way they looked and the music they listened to.