Ten Places to Watch Fireworks and Celebrate the Fourth of July in Broward County
The Fourth of July is the day of the year for Americans to go above and beyond in showing their beaming pride.
City of Hollywood
Whether you're looking forward to Independence Day as an excuse to paint your face and feel like a kid again, run around hauling the American flag and patriotic gear, or simply as a day to appreciate our country with loved ones, there is a place -- from parades and barbecues to concerts and car shows -- for everyone.
Here are ten festivities taking place in Broward County that will have spectacular fireworks, food, and plenty of fun.
- Fort Lauderdale: The Fourth of July Spectacular on Fort Lauderdale Beach off AIA and Las Olas Boulevard will begin at noon with music, games, and contests. The fireworks show over the Atlantic Ocean simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM will take off at 9 p.m. For a complete schedule, visit fortlauderdale.gov.
- Sunrise: There is a full day planned in Sunrise for July 4th. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., there will be a "Marching Through History" Parade and Family Fun Day. The event will take place at City Park and feature floats going west along Sunset Strip to City Park. At City Park, there will be free food, rides, and entertainment. Then, from 5 to 10 p.m., the BB&T Center will host an outdoor concert with fireworks at 9 p.m. The Jacob Jeffries Band will open up the night, and the Grammy Award-nominated Spin Doctors will headline.
- Hollywood: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's Fourth of July celebration begins at 6 p.m. with fireworks at 9 p.m. Entertainment and various activities will be set up, from rock climbing to face painting and music. And for the FIFA fans, you can even watch the game at the Hard Rock's watch party at 4 p.m.
- Deerfield Beach: Muddy Waters Restaurant and Raw Bar will host its annual July 4 barbecue. The tropical restaurant's celebration will be complete with drink specials, roast platters, and kids' activities. You can also enjoy grilled specials or raw oysters and clams that will be available as you enjoy the laid-back ambiance.
- Davie: Flamingo Gardens will kick off Independence Day with its Old Fashioned Fourth event from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It will feature a free antique-car show, games throughout the gardens and wildlife sanctuary, watermelon- and pie-eating contests, '50 music, and a barbecue. You're even encouraged to dig up your best '50s costume for a chance to win prizes.
2237 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach, FL
3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie, FL
1 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL
Broadwalk and Johnson St., Hollywood, FL
4501 N. Ocean Drive, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL
Northeast Second Street and Northeast 21st Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL
7400 Pines Blvd., Hollywood, FL
Johnson Street and Michigan Street, Hollywood, FL
Atlantic and Ocean boulevards, Pompano Beach, FL
A1A S. of Sunrise Blvd. N. of Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale, FL
6700 Sunset Strip, Sunrise, FL
4500 El Mar Dr., Lauderdale By The Sea, FL