Nanci Alexander of Sublime Would Vote Foie Gras Off the Island
The most influential person in my career has been...
Ingrid Newkirk, the president and founder of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
When I'm alone and in need of comfort (and no one is there to watch or judge), the one food or drink I turn to is...
Vegan mac 'n cheese.
What does the Broward/Palm Beach food scene need more of?
You get to vote one food or beverage trend off the island forever -- what is it?
You have unlimited funds to open a restaurant or bar -- what's the name, and what do you serve?
Sublime Sin City, serving vegan cuisine in Vegas.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Fort Lauderdale at Sublime and and at the Animal Rights Foundation of Florida (ARFF).
Dream dinner party for six: Who (living or dead) are you inviting?
Bill Clinton, Steve Wynn, Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi, Dr. Benjamin Spock, and Joaquin Phoenix.
New Times' Best Of Broward-Palm Beach 2013 issue arrives June 13. To celebrate, Clean Plate Charlie is serving up 30 of our favorite tastemakers -- restaurateurs, chefs, bartenders, and other foodies who make the South Florida food scene what it is. We'll start with number 30 and lead up to South Florida's number one. All previous 2013 Tastemakers are listed below.
30. Robyn Almodovar of Palate Party Food Truck
29. Chris and Jordan Bellus of Laser Wolf
28. Fulvio Sardelli of Sardelli's Italian Steakhouse
27. Brett Chiavari of BC Tacos
26. Mike Halker of Due South Brewing
25. Chrissy Benoit of the Little House Boynton Beach
24. Dean Max of DJM Restaurants
23. Lauren Bowen of Tap 42
22. Vaughan Lazar of Kapow!
21. Eric Guerro, Mark Fee, and Jeff Evans of Angry Union Brewing
20. Ben Lubin of The Blind Monk
19. Susan Kim of Gabose
18. Julieta Bocos of Casa Frida
17. Marc Falsetto of Rok:Brgr
16. Frank Coniglio of E.R. Bradley's Saloon
15. Iliya Dimitrov of Valentino's Cucina Italiana
14 Tim Lipman of Coolinary Cafe
13. Lauren DeShields of Market 17
12. Cleve Mash of Dirty Martini
11. Jodi Swank of Swank Farms
10. David Sabin of Brickhouse PR
9. Lindsay Autry of Sundy House
8. Tom Moynihan of d.b.a./cafe
7. Steve Martorano of Martorano's Cafe
6. Tim Petrillo of the Restaurant People
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB