Five South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Stone Crab & Seafood Festival and More
lsgcp via Flickr Creative Commons Get crabby this weekend.
In case the near-perfect weather forecasts for the weekend aren't enough to lure you out of the house, perhaps the chance to chow down and drink up in new and interesting ways will do the trick? After the jump, find a roundup of some of the food and drink activities taking place this weekend in Broward and Palm Beach counties, including grand opening parties for three new restaurants, a booze-fueled run, and more.
- 2013 Riverwalk Stone Crab and Seafood Festival Is This Weekend
- 2013 Oshogatsu Festival at Morikami Musuem: Eat Up for Japanese New Year
- In Pompano: Grand Opening of The Beach Grille and City's Oceanfront Redevelopment Project
- Brooklyn Water Pizza & Pasta Co. and Brooklyn Water Bagel Co. Open in Palm Beach Gardens
5. Oshogatsu New Year's Celebration
Ready to keep the New Year's party raging well beyond January 1? Morikami Museum and Gardens in Delray Beach has you covered with its belated Japanese New Year's celebration on Sunday. Admission is $6 to $15. There will be traditional tea ceremony presentations at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. Outside, there's a Kirin beer garden and a sake station, plus vendors selling spring rolls, ramen and soba noodles, stir-fry, and other culinary treats.
4. Taste History Culinary Tour of Historic Lake Worth and Lantana
Sample small bites from local restaurants and pick up some new fun facts during the Taste History Culinary Tour. The second Saturday of every month the tour checks out locations in Lake Worth and Lantana. The tour starts at 11 a.m. and lasts three to four hours, hitting several restaurants and eateries, serving a variety of cuisine. Each tour's stops are a surprise and the lineup rotates often. The tour leaves at the east entrance of Macy's at the Boynton Beach Mall. Get tickets online.
7100 Fairway Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL