This Thursday from 7 to 9 pm, Bash Wine Cafe will be serving both beer and wine in a contest to see which one pairs better--possibly the perfect opportunity to shut up both your beer geek and wine snob friend. For $50, plus tax and gratuity, guests get five courses, each served with a two-ounce Cigar City beer and two-ounce wine.
"Beer vs. Wine: a beer and wine pairing dinner" is a lead up to South Florida Beer Week.
While Executive Chef Shannon Weiberg developed each pairing himself, representatives from Cigar City Brewery, Brown Distributing, and United Distributors will be on-hand to answer an extra questions about the products. According to Bash's Operations Manager Kimberly Lynn, the dinner is intended to be educational. "We explain each of the beers and wines, and the details of each pairing. We make sure the customers are well-informed," she says. The restaurants offers tasting notes as a part of the process.
The five course meal includes:
- Goat cheese and mixed nut field green salad with a Raspberry Whit vinaigrette, served with Cigar City Raspberry Whit and a Cote de Provence Rose
- Fried crawfish stuffed ravioli with etouffe, paired with Cigar City Florida Cracker and Montessoy, Cotes du Rhone
- Maduro BBQ bacon-wrapped shrimp with fried onion straws with Cigar City Maduro and Ca'Momi Merlot
- Apple Cinnamon Jai Alai jerked chicken skewers with smashed sweet potato and Cigar City Apple Cinnamon Jai Alai and Tramontane Muscat
- Cookies and Milk-Stout, served with Cigar City Dulce de Leche Milk Stout and Avan Nocimiento Tempranillo
The dinner is Bash's unofficial kick-off to the festivities of South Florida Beer Week--next week. According to Lynn, "We do monthly beer or wine tasting dinners, but we decided to do Beer vs. Wine as an intro to Craft Beer Week. Three out of the five beers are really special: we are one of two places in South Florida to have the Dulce de Leche Milk Stout. It's very limited quantities. It's a fun event."
If you are interested in attending the dinner, Lynn suggests booking ASAP.
10053 Sunset Strip, Sunrise, FL