Ruth Bourdain Writes a Book
|Ruth Bourdain writes a book...but where do you send the checks?|
But then again, this non-person did win the first ever James Beard award for humor writing, so maybe it doesn't matter.
Ruth Bourdain, a mash-up of former Gourmet editor-in-chief/author Ruth Reichl and current bad-boy/author Anthony Bourdain, took the culinary world by storm when
"Sultry morning. In a death-stare with a chipmunk. F**ker took my one perfect poached egg. And my strawberries. And my scones. Aaaalviiiiiin"
or this ode to Julia Child:
"Julia Child would have turned 100 today. God, she would have hated Guy Fieri."
So it shouldn't come as a surprise that Bourdain (Ruth, that is) has a book. Comfort Me With Offal: Ruth Bourdain's Guide to Gastronomy (List Price $19..99), comes out September 4 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.com.
In Offal, you'll find handy-dandy tips for foodies like:
- A food timeline, from the dawn of man to the modern era
- The importance of celebrity chef hairstyles
- Achieving the orgasmic potential of chocolate
- Culinary pick-up lines
- The twenty types of offal you need to eat before you die
- Becoming a "master baster" on Thanksgiving
- A field guide to the modern foodie, from carniwhores to gastrosexuals
- Essential exercises for bulking up your taste buds
- Tips for raising a baby gastronome
- How to prepare for a vegan apocalypse
Like every truly good piece of literature, there are pictures. Here's a sneak preview of a few:
A handy field guide to spotting carniwhores.
Giving new meaning to food porn...or pink tacos...or something.
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB