Mark Militello Hosts James Beard Dinner at 3800 Ocean
|Mark Militello is taking over 3800 Ocean for one night.|
The special James Beard tribute dinner is limited to 18 diners, who will enjoy an eight course tasting menu with wine pairings on Thursday, June 21.
The evening will kick-off at 6:30 p.m. with a welcome cocktail, followed by a 7:00 p.m. dinner.
Chef Militello and 3800 Ocean's Larry LaValley will interact with guests, walking them through each course with information on the heritage, pairing choice and ingredient portfolio of each dish.
The multi-course dinner will feature:
- A selection of hors d' oeuvres
- Sheep's milk ricotta gnocchi with crispy artichokes
- Pancetta wrapped breast of Rhode Island red milk fed chicken breast served with Swank Farms greens, Garrotxa cheese, Agrumato olive oil, and aged balsamic
- Maine day boat halibut with miso, green tea noodles, and roasted wild mushrooms
- Slow Roasted Berkshire pork with Swank Farms lettuce, house made kimchee, and spicy sauces
- Grilled lamb loin with crispy local eggplant, ratatouille, piquillo pepper, natural jus, and eggplant "caviar".
- Red Dragon Welsh cheddar rarebit, pretzel bread, house-smoked bacon
- Fromage blanc cheesecake with house made huckleberry sorbet, iced pistachio nougat, and pistachio foam
To reserve your place at the table, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Facebook and on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.