Oysters, Squash Blossoms, Spare Ribs, and More: Readers Rank Favorites
5. Green Cay Farms Squash Blossoms at Max's Harvest
Delicate squash blossoms are stuffed with lemon ricotta and served with watercress and a tomato olive vinaigrette at this farm-to-table place we wrote about earlier for its terrific bacon.
4. Cheese grits at Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
Farm-fresh eggs, thick-cut bread, and local produce show off at this breakfast and lunch mainstay on Himmarshee. Grits layered with cheese are the restaurant's nod to the South, a delicious way to fatten up your breakfast plate.
3. Oysters, New England clam chowder, crayfish bisque, and fish and chips at
Southport Raw Bar
Gulf oysters are the given at this locals spot on the water. Add soup to your raw bar starter, whether it's chowder or bisque.
2. Rainbow roll at Sasaya Japanese Market
Go for the crowd pleaser at this slip on Sunrise. It's a fun stop for a quick, inexpensive lunch and some fun snacks, like shrimp chips or Pocky.
1. Pork spare ribs and mac and cheese at Tom Jenkins Bar-B-Q
Deep-red barbecue sauce dresses thick, meaty ribs at this humble shop that's a favorite barbecue destination.
New Times on Facebook | Clean Plate Charlie on Facebook | Melissa on Facebook | Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter | Melissa McCart on Twitter | E-mail Melissa |