Thanksgiving 2011 in a Restaurant: Fort Lauderdale, Broward Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
|Gavin St. Ours via Flickr Creative Commons|
|Thanksgiving in a restaurant: all of the reward, none of the work.|
If you're celebrating Thanksgiving in Fort Lauderdale or elsewhere in Broward County and you don't feel like spending your Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the kitchen, shoving half of your arm up a turkey's rear, you can turn to the professionals for a bit of holiday help.
We've gathered information on a few South Florida restaurants who will serve Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, November 24. Here are a few options for your Thanksgiving dinner in Fort Lauderdale and elsewhere in Broward County:
- Sublime, 1431 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-615-1431. Seatings from 1 to 4 p.m. Book by Monday, November 21, and the cost is $39 for adults and $29 for those 12 years and younger. Add $10 to the price if booking after November 21.
Thanksgiving is clearly not the holiday of choice for vegetarians, but that doesn't mean you need to settle for a dull-ass plate of bland dinner rolls and a mountain of mashed potatoes sans gravy. Sublime will offer a dinner starring a meat-free Gardein "turkey" or a roasted acorn squash filled with quinoa stuffing. Dinner comes with a Waldorf salad to start and sides of fresh green beans, mushrooms, and cranberry sauce. Dessert is pumpkin "cheesecake" or apple pie.
- China Grill, 1881 SE 17th St. Causeway, Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-759-9950.
You can order from the restaurant's regular menu or try a fusion twist on turkey. The T-Day special is "Roasted Turkey Two-Ways," which includes turkey spring rolls with pan gravy, crispy onions, sweet potato mash, and cornbread stuffing ($38). The special dessert is a five-spice pumpkin pie.
- 11th Street Annex/Two Ugly Sisters, 14 SW 11th St., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-767-8306.
While you can't dine in on Thanksgiving, if you act fast, you can order a catered meal from this well-kept secret just south of downtown. Orders must be placed by Friday and picked up on Wednesday, November 23. Catering is offered à la carte with holiday menu choices like turkey and gravy ($61 to $76), ham, stuffing, smashed potatoes, and tons of desserts.
- East End Brasserie, 601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-567-8070. Reservations from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Cost is $55 for adults and $27 for children.
Try a French twist on the traditional Thanksgiving meal with a fairly decadent prix fixe with options that include butternut squash soup, pan-roasted filet mignon with lobster béarnaise sauce, truffled mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach or a more traditional turkey dinner with many sides. Lots of dessert options available.
- Steak 954, 401 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-414-8333. Reservations from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Build your own Thanksgiving dinner with à la carte pieces like butternut squash soup, roasted turkey, creamed spinach, and black-plum bread pudding. Or you can choose from the restaurant's regular menu, which includes a raw bar.
- Texas de Brazil, 2457 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-681-0082. Dinner is $47 per person.
Take Thanksgiving meat consumption to a new level with a wide assortment of grilled meats, including roasted turkey. You can also snag gravy, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole in addition to enjoying salad bar access, a large dessert menu, and tableside-carved meats.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Facebook and on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.