Pairings 2011: Ticket Winners, Judges Announced
Congratulations to our final ticket winner- Malaquite -- for his pithy response to difference between wet and dry aging:
"Assisted living facility in Seattle versus retirement community in Phoenix."(Malaquite, please touch base with your email addy and phone number so we can give you the tickets!!!)
New this year: awards! A panel of judges at tomorrow's event will decide on the best overall bite, the most unique, the most decadent dish, and best sweets. Who decides? Joining me in the judging tomorrow:
- Chef John Kane is the program chair at The International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. He has 25 years of experience in restaurants and hospitality.
- Eric Barton is the Editor in Chief for New Times and a foodie extraordinaire.
- James Carras is the principal of Carras Community Development based in Fort Lauderdale. The gourmand has chaired a slew of events over the past ten years, including Fort Lauderdale Greek Festival and Flavors of Greece. He's also the site advisor to New Times Original BeerFest.
- Kristi Williams is a life-long Broward County resident who won the judgeship with this entry. She is currently getting her Masters in Speech Pathology.
- Laine Doss is a food writer for both Clean Plate Charlie -- the food blog of New Times Broward - Palm Beach, and Short Order, the food blog for the Miami New Times.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Facebook and on Twitter. Follow me @melissamccart