Valentine's Day at a Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale / Broward: 14 Specials
Last year you ended up in the doghouse and you couldn't figure out why. How were you supposed to know that carnations suck and that your girl didn't share your liking for the unlimited breadsticks and salad at The Olive Garden?
Unfortunately, the little fuzzy white teddy bear that you picked up five minutes before your date didn't exactly do the evening justice, either.
Every year, there is this unspoken expectation for the big V and you certainly don't want to mess that up again. Apparently, a little creativity scores a few extra points. Here are 14 restaurants that have taken out the guesswork for you -- increasing your chances of getting lucky on Valentine's Day!
2.Tokyo Blue Dine alongside the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean -- Tokyo Blue will be featuring a special 5-course Pan Asian (Asian, Sushi, Peruvian) couples menu for $150, which also includes a bottle of champagne. Enjoy your bubbly as you get a chance to groove to the live jazz band!
|Canyon Southwest Cafe|
|prickly pear margarita|
3. Canyon Southwest Cafe It's not only their famous "Prickly Pear Margaritas" that they're known for -- Canyon Southwest Cafe serves their guests a tasty fusion of American artisanal cuisine with a hint of Asian, South and Central American undertones. Yum! The dimmed and seductive lighting, intimate seating arrangements combined with exotic and tempting dishes makes this place a foolproof Valentine's Day option!
4. 15th Street Fisheries & Dockside Cafe In addition to their regular menu, 15th Street Fisheries will be featuring a special Valentine's Day menu and will be serving drink specials -which will be served to you and your loved one as you dine with dreamy views of the Fort Lauderdale Intercostal waterway. The first course menu includes a choice of a Fisheries Salad or Gazpacho Verde, while the second course consists of a choice of Roasted Chilean Sea Bass, Steak & Frittes or Giant South African Prawns.
5. Pizza D'Angelo Opened by famous Chef Angelo Elia of Casa D' Angelo, D' Angelo serves fine Italian cuisine in a trendy and casual environment. The presentation and ambiance is beautiful, as the food is pleasingly delicious. The menu offers a wide variety of Tapas, Bruschette, Paninis, Fritata, Ceviche and gourmet Pizza -- not to mention the generous wine list. D'Angelo holds a great balance of modern elegance, good food in a setting that is elegant, yet warm and welcoming.
6. Wild East Asian Bistro Located on Las Olas Blvd., Wild East Asian Bistro serves fine Asian cuisine with Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese influences. Guests have the option of dining inside their chic and modern dining area or outside on the romantic waterfront dock. Owner Peter and Lilly are both foodies and are constantly coming up with tasty dinner and drinks specials. In addition to the extensive wine list, Sakitinis are also available ( the lychee saketini is a customer favorite). Sake lovers also have the option of ordering a sake flight. The dessert menu includes Asian favorites such as Banana Spring Rolls or Tokyo Rice with Grilled Pineapple and Wasabi Ice Cream!
8. Truluck's Seafood, Steak & Crab House Truluck's serves fine chops and Seafood -- even better, stone crabs are back in season! Truluck's will be offering all you can eat stone crabs on Valentine's Day! Ladies, make sure to bring an extra tube of lipstick and a compact! Who says getting a little messy can't be sexy!
9. Cafe Emunah Want to impress your J-Date? Cafe Emunah is a Kabbalistic, Kosher Sushi Bar and Tea Room -- and the food is fresh and delicious! Cafe Emunah has a menu with a wide selection, here are a couple of options -- Emunah Roll (hamachi, avocado, candied ginger, inside out with crispy plantains and cilantro sauce), Mystical Seabass (Chilean Seabass, Jamaican yam mash, baby bok choy, cucumber and petite herb salad finished off with homemade mango sauce) and there are many dessert options along with a wide-range of organic, loose teas to finish -- Amen!
|BRIO Tuscan Grill|
The dessert menu will be featuring Torta di Ciocclata (rich chocolate cake with a warm center and topped with vanilla bean gelato) and Classic Tiramisu. BRIO recommends their Dolchinos (individual samples of vanilla creme brulee, milk chocolate caramel cake, tiramisu, mocha panna cotta, carrot cake and more) for only $2.50 each -- talk about a sweet surprise!
11. The Indigo Room Located within the historical Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. -- The Indigo Room is a romantic and sophisticated choice to celebrate this Valentine's Day. Chef Toby Joseph has designed a Valentine's Day menu for $65.00 a person which includes a three course meal with a complimentary beverage of your choice.
12. Steak 954 Consider yourself a steak and potatoes kind of guy? Steak 954 will be providing its Valentine's Day guests with some additional menu items including: Nueske Bacon and Scallops, Thai Style Lobster Salad or Local Yellowfin Tuna -- showing your date that you sincerely had her best interest in mind! Additionally, Steak 954 will be featuring champagnes from Moet and Chandon "Imperial" to Vueve Clicquot Rose.
13. Big City Tavern Chef Louis Bossihas created a special Valentine's Day menu that sounds just as exotic as his name! Start with Proscuitto with silky, creamy, burrata Mozzarella, then handmade ricotta gnocci -- finally, finish things off American style with a tempting serving of red velvet cake and candy hearts.
14. Timpano Italian Chophouse Can't stand the Valentine's Day crowd? Timpano Italian Chophouse offers guests four consecutive nights of dinner, dancing and love! There will be a three Course Prix Fixe Menu with a Champagne finish for $89.95 per couple -- guests still also have the option of using the regular menu if they please. Reserve your seats for February 11, 12, 13 or 14, 2011.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie Facebook on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.