Cherry Pie in Broward/Palm Beach (Sunday is Cherry Pie Day)
|Creative Commons Jeffreyw|
|Not to be confused with the 1990 Warrant hit.|
Though not as readily available in Broward and Palm Beach counties as the classic Americana darling, apple pie, or the quintessentially South Florida staple (and this food blogger's personal fav), Key Lime, cherry pie is certainly deserving of a spot on your dessert plate and a date on the calendar. Not convinced? Just ask a certain poodle rock band from the late '80s and I'm sure they'll agree. This is one dessert that will put a smile on your face 10 miles wide.
- 84 Diner and Lounge, 11432 W. State Road 84, Davie (dine in)
- Lester's Diner, 250 W. State Rd. 84, Fort Lauderdale (dine in)
- Lorene's Loving Oven, 905 US Unit K, Lake Park; 561-881-9006 (takeaway)
- Peter Pan Diner, 1216 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park (dine in)
- The Upper Crust, 2015 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth; 561-586-5456 (takeaway; available in multiple points throughout the county)
Did we miss the best cherry pie in Broward/Palm Beach? Leave your suggestion in the comments section and help us all celebrate Cherry Pie Day in style.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie Facebook on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.