President Obama's Official State Dinner Menu
|The White House|
|Setting up for the State Dinner|
225 guests attended the dinner, held in The White House. Of those guests, only 20 were actually in the same room as President and Mrs. Obama and President Hu. The rest of the guests dined in separate rooms and watched the toasts on television monitors.
Since you're probably wondering why you never got your invitation to the dinner, here's what you missed:
Herbie Hancock, Chris Botti, Lang Lang, Dianne Reeves and Dee Dee Bridgewater performed.
- D'Anjou Pear Salad with Farmstead Goat Cheese Fennel, black walnuts and white balsamic
- Poached Maine Lobster, Orange glaze carrots and black trumpet mushrooms
- Wine--Dumul Chardonnay "Russian River" 2008
- Lemon sorbet
- Dry aged rib eye with buttermilk crisp onions
- Double stuffed potatoes and creamed spinach
- Wine--Quilceda Creek Cabernet "Columbia Valley" 2005
- Old fashioned apple pie with vanilla ice cream
- Wine-- Poet's Leap Riesling "botrytis" 2008
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.