It's a Boozy Kind of Summer at These Events
|Beer's the only thing sweating more than you this Summer.|
Luckily there's a host of boozy events coming up in the next few weeks to quench that thirst:
• Cantina Laredo is forgoing passe wine and beer pairings in favor of a stronger spirit: Tequila. The Mexican eatery will host a four-course dinner paired with unique, 100% agave tequilas. On the docket: 1800, Gran Centenario, and Maestro Dobel Diamond. The pairing goes down September 9 at 7 p.m. at the Hallandale Beach location and September 16 at the one in Palm Beach Gardens. The cost is $49.99 per person. Reservations recommended.
• The South Florida Beer Lovers are doing another Meet Up on September 1. The event is part class, part tasting, as Sally Parsons and the folks at BX Beer Depot will educate drinkers on Old Ales and give a sample tasting of the style. The organizers are also telling folks who register to bring in a homebrew and share that as well. To match you, BX will pair a commercial beer with the homebrew styles brought in so everyone can taste the difference. Cost is $15 ($5 if you bring in three 12 oz. bottles of homebrew, or the equivilent). Register at Meetup.com.
• Oh, and if you don't homebrew beer, here's your chance to get involved: On Saturday, August 28, BX is also hosting a Group Brew Day. Bring your supplies into the shop (or buy them there), and you'll be able to brew alongside veterans of the craft and other first timers. It's a great way to learn how to brew, since you can ask questions and get tips from those around you. The event is free and starts at noon.
• Also this Saturday: Wine and All That Jazz at the Boca Raton Resort & Club's Mizner Center (501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton). Sponsored by Southern Wine & Spirits, the event will feature a selection of wines and food from participating restaurants like Blue Martini, III Forks Prime Steakhouse, Maggiano's Little Italy, Morton's The Steakhouse-Boca Raton, Ruth's Chris Steak House, The Addison Boca Raton, The Capital Grille, The Melting Pot Restaurant, Vivo Partenza, and ZED451. Tickets cost $50. Purchase them here, or call 561.395.4433 ext. 221.
• Here's an idea for a Labor Day weekend trip: The Key West BrewFest runs September 3 though 5 at the Southernmost on the Beach Hotel (508 South St., Key West). Check out a brew and food gala on Saturday, September 4 at 4 p.m., and stay on for a Samuel Adams Beer Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on Duval St. Full details on the event here.