Food Events on the Radar
|The bar at Ilios in the Fort Lauderdale Beach Hilton.|
• Morton's The Steakhouse in Fort Lauderdale is getting in on the St. Paddy's Day action starting at 3 p.m. on March 17. The steakhouse will offer $5 bar bites and $4 to $7 "Power Hour" drink specials on select beverages. On March 26, Morton's will also be hosting a wine pairing lead by Master Sommelier and Vice President of Wine & Spirits for the chain, Tyler Field III. The event will pair five wines with a selection of hors d'oeuvres. Cost is $45. Call 954-467-9720.
• The new, Las Olas ultra lounge, SoLita, will be getting its groove on Thursday nights with its new dinner party series. Expect Italian eats, sounds from DJ Anthony Pisano (pay-san-o!), and lots of that trademark Las Olas eye candy. The party starts at 8 p.m.
• Uncle Julio's in Mizner Park is changing up its eats with a few limited-time specials. Rainbow trout Sante Fe is pan roasted and served with pine nuts and roasted corn pico de gallo ($17.95). Shrimp Acapulco is marinated in chipotle and honey and mesquite grilled ($21.95), and coconut flan ($5.50) and pineapple empanadas ($6.95) round the menu off, which runs through May.
• Whole Foods is sponsoring another wine dinner at Himmarshee Bar & Grill at 6:30 p.m. on March 22. Wines from Matanzas Creek will be paired with seared diver scallops with fennel pollen and pink peppercorn, mustard-marinated rack of spring lamb, and roasted beets, blood orange, and arugula salad. Cost is $59 per person, all inclusive. Call 954-524-1818.
• The Fort Lauderdale location of Whole Foods will also be hosting a Wine 101 class on April 1 lead by the store's wine buyer. The class will walk wine newbs through the basics: opening a bottle, basic pairings, and varietal facts. Wine and appetizers are included, and the cost is just $10. Call 954-565-5655.