One of our favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, Christine's
on Oakland Park Boulevard, rolled out a new menu this week featuring, in addition to entrees, a pretty delectable line-up of small plates priced between 10 and 14 bucks. A good idea, thinks us, especially because the joint is becoming known for its jazz entertainment. Somehow jazz just seems to pair better with late night noshings, with a bit of blue crab here and pork belly there, with mouthfuls of handsliced hanger steak and citrus marinated lamb chops. Just to whet your appetite and get you in an improvisational mode, here's a couple of tidbits from the new menu:
- Jumbo blue claw crab cake with grilled zucchini and cognac leek sauce
- Pan seared gulf shrimp with warm cannellini bean and artichoke salad
- Green lip mussels with grilled Tuscan bread and a choice of two sauces
- Tuscan quesadilla with prosciutto, arugula, parmesan, buffalo mozz, and tomato
- Slow seared pork belly with oven roasted tomatoes.
And if you MUST have entrees, they're throwing in a free bottle of wine with dinner for two. That's a recession special i can get my little head around.
This week's entertainment includes Liz Sharp (tonight) and Joan Cartwright (Saturday). Call 954-566-1919 for info.
[photo above: Melting Jazz, by Valerie Vescovi]